The Children’s Religious Exploration Program of the Gloucester Unitarian Universalist Church seeks a Co-Teacher to plan and facilitate engaging experiences for a wide age range with the program’s Lead Teacher/Director.
This is a part-time, three hours per week position. Two hours are required on Sunday mornings; a weekly one hour planning meeting will be arranged with the Director.
• Have values aligned with those of Unitarian Universalism
• Willingness to serve the mission and work of the GUUC congregation
• Demonstrated ability to work with diverse people in diverse situations
• Minimum of one year experience assisting or teaching in a classroom setting
• Knowledge of mixed age curriculum and experience using story, song, art, nature, movement, discussion, and/or play to engage children is highly desired
• Ability to work supportively with teen assistants
• Experience maintaining confidentiality
• Successful completion of a background check (CORI)
Candidates with experience in Emergent, Nature Based, Montessori, and/or Waldorf curriculum, as well as those with experience in children’s religious education are particularly encouraged to apply.
Pre-service training will begin the week of September 5, 2016. The first program Sunday will be September 18 and will continue most Sundays through June 4, 2017.
Please send a letter of interest, resume, and two professional references by August 20, 2016 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Paper applications may be mailed to:
Gloucester Unitarian Universalist Church
10 Church Street
Gloucester, MA 01930