In conjunction with our DPW and Water Compliance Office, the Mayor just approved water restriction measures which will be announced as effectively enforced immediately.
The full release is attached within this email and we wanted you all to be aware before we distributed widely throughout the community. Please note that this is not a full water ban, instead, water restricted to use after 5PM and before 9AM.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask, but the main bullets are:
- Outdoor watering is limited to “handheld” with a hose or a watering can after 5 p.m. or before 9 a.m.;
- Outdoor watering with irrigation systems and sprinklers is prohibited;
- Watering of municipal parks and recreation fields with irrigation systems and sprinklers will be limited and be before 9 a.m. and after 5 p.m.
- In Gloucester watering is only at essential locations and at areas where vegetation is being reestablished for erosion control such as at the Little River Restoration Project;
- Filling swimming pools, washing cars and washing buildings is prohibited.
Mayor Sefatia Romeo Theken
City Hall – 9 Dale Avenue
Gloucester, MA 01930