Please plan to join us for the Cape Ann Chamber’s annual Economic Outlook Breakfast, which will take place next Thursday, March 9, from 7:30 to 9 AM at the Gloucester House Restaurant.
Thursday, March 9, 2017 | 7:30 – 9:00 AM
Gloucester House Restaurant | 63 Rogers Street | Gloucester, MA
Tickets are $30 and may be purchased online at capeannchamber.com
or by calling the Chamber office 978-283-1601.
MA Secretary of Transportation, Stephanie Pollack will speak on the following programs and topics.
- MBTA and Commuter Rail
- Updates on Beverly and Annisquam River bridges on the Rockport line
- Road and Bridge Local Aid Programs
- Municipal Small Bridge Program
- $50 million state aid program to assist communities with the repair of smaller bridges (with spans between 10 and 20 feet) that are not eligible for federal funding assistance
- Complete Streets Program (Gloucester and Manchester-by-the-Sea currently participating)
- “A Complete Street is one that provides safe and accessible options for all travel modes – walking, biking, transit and vehicles – for people of all ages and abilities.”
- “Designing streets with these principles contributes toward the safety, health, economic viability and quality of life in a community by improving the pedestrian and vehicular environments. Providing safer, more accessible and comfortable means of travel between home, school, work, recreation and retail destinations helps promote more livable communities.”
- Sources MassDOT website: http://www.massdot.state.ma.us/highway/DoingBusinessWithUs/LocalAidPrograms/CompleteStreets.aspx
- Secretary Stephanie Pollack will be addressing these and other topics, including the role of Transportation in the Baker/Polito administration’s overall economic development agenda for the Commonwealth, at the Chamber’s economic outlook breakfast on Thursday, March 9
- All Cape Ann business owners and local officials, including public works, community development and planning officials, are encouraged to attend this timely and informative breakfast meeting.