WARD 4 COMMUNITY MEETING NOTICE
WALKING SAFETY PRIORITY PLANNING
O’MALEY INNOVATION MIDDLE SCHOOL AREA
MONDAY APRIL 10, 2017, 5 PM
O’MALEY INNOVATION MIDDLE SCHOOL
Mayor Sefatia Romeo Theken and Ward 4 City Councilor Valerie Gilman invite O’Maley Innovation Middle School parents and children and residents of the surrounding neighborhood to a community meeting to discuss options for improving walking safety to and from the School. The City anticipates applying for a Complete Streets grant in May to fund the construction of projects supported by the community.
Stephen Winslow, Project Manager for Mass in Motion Cape Ann, will present seven potential safety improvement options many that were developed through a “Safe Routes to School” planning study completed in 2012. The improvement options include:
- Constructing a sidewalk along the south side of Reynard Street and improving the crosswalk at Reynard and Cherry Streets;
- Widening the sidewalk along Cherry Street from Reynard to the School;
- Installing a walkway to connect O’Maley School to Cherry Street;
- Widening the sidewalk along Cherry Street from the School to as far as Poplar Street;
- Improving crosswalks at the intersection of Cherry and Poplar Streets and adding sidewalks near there;
- Constructing sidewalks along all or part of Dr. Osman Babson Road; and
- Upgrading the pedestrian crosswalk at Washington / Wheeler Street by adding flashing pedestrian crossing warning signs.