Cape Ann Community Foundation Announces Grant Awards
Join us in supporting a stronger Cape Ann! With more Cape Ann License Plates on the road, more money comes back to the Cape Ann communities. The Board of Directors of the Cape Ann Community Foundation (CACF) recently awarded grants totaling $12,000 to three Cape Ann area non-profit organizations, Action, Inc., Backyard Growers and Cape Ann Farmers Market, in the Foundation’s first-ever round of grants.
The CACF has awarded the following amounts to these organizations:
- $3,500 to Action, Inc. for their project entitled “Healthcare Career Pathways”, to help low and moderate income Cape Ann residents develop new skills and gain certification in the healthcare field;
- $5,000 to Backyard Growers for their project entitled “Backyard Growers Farm to School”, to expand their schoolyard Garden Program and implement hands-on nutrition education programs for over 1,700 underserved children and youth in Gloucester public schools; and
- $3,500 to Cape Ann Farmers Market for their project entitled “Fresh Food Access and Supporting Local Business”, to create a healthy and robust Cape Ann food system and bridge the “fresh food gap” in our community.
“We wish to congratulate the three successful grant applicants and we would also like to commend and express our thanks to all of the Cape Ann area non-profits that submitted proposals. My fellow Board members and I were greatly impressed by the quality of every grant application and we encourage applicants to come back to us for future funding rounds. We also urge all Cape Ann residents and visitors to buy the Cape Ann License Plate, to ensure that we will have ample funds to support more of these worthy initiatives”, said CACF Board President Ruth Pino.
The Cape Ann Community Foundation received 25 grant applications totaling nearly $115,000 in funding requests by the July 1 submission deadline. The Foundation will present grants to each of this year’s recipients at ceremonies that will be scheduled in the near future.
CACF is a 501(c)(3) non-profit charitable organization established in 2015 by the Cape Ann Chamber of Commerce to manage and award grants from the proceeds from the Cape Ann License Plate. CACF makes grants for projects that support the Foundation’s mission to improve the economy and overall quality of life for the residents of Cape Ann in the following areas:
- Regional promotion: projects that support and enhance the quality of life for the Cape Ann region and the communities of Essex, Gloucester, Manchester-by-the-Sea and Rockport; and promote Cape Ann as a desirable place to live, work, recreate and vacation.
- Economic Development: projects that expand employment opportunities and enhance the economic vitality of Cape Ann, including but not limited to projects that facilitate the start-up of new enterprises or the expansion of existing enterprises on Cape Ann.
- Training and Education: projects that support the training and education of the current and future Cape Ann workforce, including entrepreneurial training, to help Cape Ann residents succeed and thrive in the 21st century economy.
As more people get Cape Ann License Plates, the amount of money coming back to the community will continue to grow. Show your love and support of this great area by ordering your Cape Ann License Plate online TODAY! The plates get mail right to your door… no trip to the registry required.