ATTENTION Gloucester High School Students and Parents:
Applications for 2018 summer jobs are now being accepted!
Apply for a GHS summer internship for July and August. Get a jump on your friends and nail down a summer job. THERE ARE ONLY 20 OPEN SLOTS, SO WE LOOK FORWARD TO REVIEWING YOUR APPLICATION ASAP!
As part of this internship you will:
- Be matched with a local company where you will gain important workplace skills
- Be paid minimum wage or a stipend
- Start to build a solid resume for college and future endeavors
- Open to students in 9th through 12th grades
- Applications are available starting NOW!
- Interviews will be conducted starting in March and we will let you know by April if you are accepted into the program
- Employee orientation will be held in June
- A 2.5 hour workplace skills workshop each Wednesday at GHS during the weeks of July 9th- August 17th, and an internship placement at least 10 hours per week (exact weeks/hours will depend on the employer but will mostly be over those 6 weeks)
Applications are available online through LEAP for Education’s website (www.leap4ed.org and wait for the rotating internship banner). You may also pick up and fill out a hard copy application in the Guidance Office. Or apply by contacting JoAnn Leavitt at 774-270-0119 or email@example.com. There is also a QR code on the internship flyer below.
If you have any questions or would like further information, please contact your guidance counselor, or JoAnn Leavitt:
Gloucester Program Coordinator
LEAP for Education